Sungod Face Mask
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
Made for anyone who craves the warmth of the sun’s rays, this powder face mask was created to feel like a gift from the sun god. It offers a warm, nurturing experience reminiscent of the summer sun, while also protecting skin against the dangers of overexposure, including sun damage, premature aging, and the risk of skin cancer. Filled with nutrient-rich, rejuvenative, sun-associative botanicals (corresponding to the third chakra in the body, the solar plexus), this mask rebuilds skin tissue that is unhealthy, sensitized, or damaged from environmental factors. Its healing ingredients, including flowers, roots, mushrooms, herbs, fruits, seeds, and mineral-rich Celtic salt, work together gradually over time to improve the skin’s overall health and radiance. When applied frequently over the course of a few weeks, results include improved skin elasticity, firmness, and resilience, faster skin healing, and a decrease in chronic conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne, and cold-sore outbreaks. Mature and dry or dehydrated skin will look thicker, revitalized, and better nourished. The mask is certified cruelty-free, cold process, fair trade, and handcrafted, and our wildflower pollen is humanely gathered by a carefully-vetted, trusted beekeeper.
- For all skin types, especially mature, with signs of aging, sensitive, and acne-prone.
Wildflower pollen is antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-tumor. It boosts the immune system, protects against radiation, and strengthens capillaries. Our wildflower pollen is sourced from a trusted artisan beekeeper in California and is rich in amino acids, enzymes, rutin, phospholipids, vitamins, and minerals.
Calendula and comfrey are two of the most effective healing and regenerative ingredients available for the skin, and both are ideal for highly sensitive skin.
Goldenseal rhizome offers anti-acne, antibacterial, antiviral, and astringent properties, and also reduces puffiness.
Powerful superfruit pomegranate helps repair signs of sun damage, and contributes vitamins A, C, and E to the mix.
- Color and Texture: The bright, sunny yellow blend is triple milled into a very soft, fine powder that turns creamy when mixed with water.
- Scent: Sunny and flower-malty from the calendula petals, sweet and comforting from the sunflower petals, with a touch of green scent from the comfrey leaves.
- Contraindications: None.
- Handcrafted in the USA.
- Wildflower pollen, wildcrafted Solum fullonum (multani mitti, fuller's earth) clay, Calendula officinalis (marigold) flower petals (organic or *), Aloe barbadensis leaf*, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) petals (organic or *), organic Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed, Hydrastis Canadensis (goldenseal) rhizome (responsibly wildcrafted or *), Symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf (wildcrafted or *), Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit juice*, Grifola frondosa (maitake) mushroom (organic or *), Curcuma longa (turmeric) root Supercritical CO2 Select* extract*, Withania somnifera (ashwagandha) root (organic or *), Lentinula edodes (shiitake) mushroom (organic or *), sunstainably wildcrafted Celtic salt (France)**.
- *Certified organic.
- ** Nature et Progres certified.
Measure out 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the powder into a ceramic bowl and mix with a tiny amount of warm water to achieve a paste. Using a glass dropper makes it easier to add water a very small amount at a time. Use your fingers to apply the paste in a thin, even layer onto clean, dry skin and leave on for 20 to 40 minutes (mist periodically during rest time to prevent the mask from hardening, if you like). Rinse off. The mask can be used as often as desired.
Excellent as an in-the-shower mask, too. Add 1–4 drops of a facial oil or oil-based serum to the paste for a more nurturing treatment. Or add a bit of raw organic honey for an overall beautifying effect, or both the oil and the honey. Replace the warm water with a hydrosol of your choice or Earthwise Beauty’s Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist.