Passion Eye Serum
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
Our Passion Eye Serum is a beautiful marriage of amaranth oil (an incredible source of squalene and linoleic acid) and green coffee oil (the number one plant ingredient for puffiness and dark circles) plus a supporting cast of whole-fruit (not just the seeds) rosehip oil, premium grade whole-fruit (not just the seeds) passionfruit oil, seabuckthorn berry CO2 extract, murumuru butter, and more. Zero boring ingredients.
To address puffiness, we employed green coffee bean oil and andiroba oil. For dark under-eye circles: green coffee bean oil and andiroba oil. To firm: seabuckthorn berry, rosehip oil, and andiroba. For skin tissue healing: tamanu. To contribute phytonutrients and vitamins: green coffee oil, amaranth oil, passionfruit oil, rosehip oil, and seabuckthorn berry. For collagen rebuilding: andiroba oil. For brightening: rosehip oil, seabuckthorn berry, and passionfruit oil. To address dryness: Brazil nut oil. To contribute a dose of precious lauric acid: murumuru butter. And to penetrate into deep layers of the skin: amaranth, tamanu, and murumuru.
Amaranth oil was Ava's first choice for this serum for a range of reasons. It is very high in proteins (13%), linoleic acid (49%; extremely important for youthful, wrinkle-free, and acne-free skin, and to heal skin immune disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema), and in squalene (8–12%). Squalene is studied for its effects on signs of aging such as wrinkles, including deep ones, thanks in part to its ability to penetrate very deeply. Our squalene is not a lab-isolated, potentially allergenic ingredient, but a natural part of unrefined amaranth oil.
Amaranth was a sacred grain to the Aztecs and other ancient cultures, revered it for its nutritional value and spiritual healing. Ava sees amaranth as an herb that enables us to surrender to the natural course of events, such as aging. Once we surrender, we are able to relax inwardly and this state of complete self-acceptance, no matter what one's age, will make the person more beautiful, as so much beauty comes from the inner states of calm, composure, confidence, and contentment.
Murumuru, butter pressed from the seeds of a palm tree native to the Amazon region (Astrocaryum murumuru), melts instantly on contact with the skin, smells of earth mixed with brown sugar, and contains several amazing nourishing ingredients such as oleic, lauric, and myristic acids. It is lightweight, noncomedogenic, and spreads easily (important on the eye area so we don't have to do any pulling or rubbing).
Texture: Lightweight, fine texture that spreads easily.
Scent: Very light and comes from the green coffee bean (a light coffee smell mixed with earth and green berries) and murumuru (a brown sugar mixed with fertile soil scent), with a touch of tropical fruitiness from the South American passion (maracuja) fruits.
Skin Type Recommendations: For all skin types, including very sensitive or allergy prone.
- An eye serum that delivered major hydrating, firming, and nourishing benefits, yet offered fast absorption. A must was a sublime, fine texture.
- No essential oils or other potentially sensitizing ingredients for the delicate aye area, and definitely nothing heavy to weigh the skin down.
- Creates a very, very thin protective film to prevent moisture loss throughout the day or night.
- Each finished batch of Passion Eye Serum is infused with raw lapis lazuli, ruby, and clear quartz and then placed in our Pacific Northwest ponderosa pine forest to be charged by earth and moderate sun. Lapis lazuli is cooling and anti-inflammatory, clears mental exhaustion and clutter, and enhances mental clarity. Ruby is skin rejuvenating and it enhances the healing vibrations of the other botanicals and essences in the product, and clear quartz is universally cleansing and detoxifying.
- Organic cold-press unrefined amaranth (Amaranthus hypochondriacus) oil, organic cold-press unrefined green coffee (Coffea) bean oil, organic cold-press unrefined andiroba (Carapa guianensis) oil, cold-press unrefined brazil nut oil*, organic cold-press unrefined murumuru (Astrocaryum murumuru) butter, cold-press unrefined passionfruit (Passiflora edulis) oil*, organic cold-press unrefined rare whole-fruit rosehip (Rosa canina) oil, wildcrafted seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) berry CO2 Total supercritical extract, cold-press unrefined tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum) oil* (India), gem essences.
- *Certified organic.
Apply Passion under the eyes morning and night. To use as an eye-area mask: apply a more generous amount under eyes and in outer corners; gently wipe off excess, if any remains unabsorbed, after 30 minutes. For additional firming and strong de-puffing benefits, and if your skin can tolerate carrot seed oil under the eyes, use Carrot-a-Day Serum (Classic or Sensitive) as Step 1 and Passion as Step 2. If your under-eye area is very dry or needs extra nourishment, for daytime, use Passion alone and for the night use Passion as Step 1 and then Ferns and Moss Face Serum or Magical Babassu Face Serum as Step 2 (choose Ferns and Moss if skin is mature or dark circles or puffiness are a problem; choose Magical Babassu if dryness or eczema are the biggest concerns). For daytime or anytime, if you want an eye care product that absorbs quickly and completely without a protective film, choose Carrot-a-Day Serum (Classic or Sensitive) instead of Passion.