Ferns and Moss Face Serum
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
Ferns and Moss Face Serum is a seriously nurturing facial oil designed for skin that needs serious healing. If your skin is damaged, cracked, wrinkled, aged, chapped, or so dry that nothing seems to work, this is the product for you. The highly-concentrated formula penetrates deep into the skin to thoroughly reconstruct skin cells over time, helping to detoxify and regenerate damaged skin and to reduce dryness, puffiness, dark spots, dullness, acne, and wrinkles.
This potent oil combines ancient healing ingredients carefully sourced from around the world, including Amazonian andiroba oil, which reduces puffiness, heals and prevents acne, and rejuvenates the skin; copaiba balsam, which soothes skin and has anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, and antiviral properties; Madagascar tamanu oil, which heals wounds without scarring; and African manquetti mongongo, which nourishes the skin and reduces wrinkles.
An ancient wound healer from Iran, galbanum adds a dry earthy-leafy scent, while Indian moringa hydrates and contributes a green vegetal fragrance. Seabuckthorn berry extract and calendula round out the rejuvenative mixture, contributing renowned skin-transformative properties and a rich, red-orange color. The serum is handcrafted with care from fair trade, vegan ingredients, and is certified cruelty free.
Color and Texture: A thick, dense, substantial oil with a rich red-orange, translucent color.
Scent: Calendula extract lends the serum a beautiful floral scent component, while the copaiba resin and galbanum add deep earthy-leafy notes.
Skin Type Recommendations: For all skin types, especially dry to very dry, mature, damaged or malnourished-looking, aged, wrinkled, lacking firmness, sensitive, and allergy-prone, and for skin with dry eczema, healing wounds, or recent scars. Especially recommended for ages 40 and older. Noncomedogenic for acne-prone skin.
- AVA and her Products5By Dori Imsdahl on Feb 23, 2016I am addicted to several of Ava's products and I am certain they have been very beneficial for my lifelong complex skin issues & needs. I am most recently loving the new Ferns & Moss serum/oil. It does not seem to be causing me any problems with breaking out and it just feels very nurturing in a sort of warming way. It also is highly absorbable, and not at all oily, or greasy. I know it can take time to bring forth any noticeable improvement, but I am convinced it is going to do that. Thank you Ava!
- toning and moistruizing!4By Mary Ann on Feb 12, 2016I liked it right away! I am in my 6th decade and my skin is fairly dry and lacks tone. I have used "Ferns and Moss" for 2 weeks now, in the morning, and at night after washing with Ava's gentle "Marshmellow Suds" cleanser. I have clearly noticed more tone to my skin and it feels overall more moisturized,since beginning to use the product. I do need to use as much as 4-5 drops for my skin, so the bottle is going rather quickly. Thank you for your skill, Ava, and for taking the time to develop it!
- Ferns and Moss Face Serum5By Shermeen Amin on Feb 17, 2016This face serum is yet another product that I am completely impressed with. Every once in a while if I have a break out that leaves a scar, I feel rest assured that I can apply this serum and get excellent results. It is simply a restorative/repair type of serum that will get your skin back on track and take care of any blemishes/scarring you may have. I find the formulation to be extremely effective. Another must have in my book, thank you Ava!
- 1 of 4
- next ›
- Penetrates deeply to nourish and heal seriously dry, aged, or damaged skin.
- Andiroba oil and copaiba balsam, both long-revered in the Amazonian rainforest for their medicinal qualities, help soothe and detoxify the skin, heal and prevent acne, increase collagen levels, and reduce inflammation.
- Tamanu oil from Madagascar is an antibacterial oil that heals wounds without scarring and rejuvenates the skin down to the deepest layers, while seabuckthorn berry oil helps to restore the skin’s firm, youthful appearance.
- Manquetti mongongo, a thick, rich botanical oil from Africa, provides amazing nourishing, wrinkle-reducing, and anti-aging benefits.
- It is combined with moringa sourced from India, a “superfood” offering wonderful hydrating properties, and Iranian galbanum, an ancient skin tissue healer.
- This highly concentrated formula contains no fillers—just dense, unrefined active ingredients from the natural world, hand-mixed into a thick, deeply nurturing extract-like oil.
- Organic unrefined cold-press Carapa guianensis (andiroba) oil, organic unrefined cold-press Moringa oleifera oil, Organic unrefined cold-press Schinziophyton rautanenii (manquetti mongongo) oil, Organic unrefined unfiltered cold-press Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) oil* (Madagascar), Wildcrafted Hippophae rhamnoides (seabuckthorn berry) Supercritical CO2 Total extract, Calendula officinalis Supercritical CO2 Total extract*, Wildcrafted Copaifera officinalis (copaiba balsam) essential oil (Brazil), Ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) essential oil* (Iran), Unrefined cold-press Simmondsia chinensis (golden jojoba) oil*, wildcrafted Evernia prunastri (oakmoss) absolute.
- *Certified organic.
Massage a few drops at a time onto freshly cleaned, still-moist face, alone or over a facial-oil primer such as Chamomile and Lavender Face Gel or Carrot-a-Day Face and Eye Serum (an aloe-based primer will merge with the oil and facilitate its absorption). Rub in with fingertips, creating outward, upward circles, to stimulate circulation and enhance absorption. Use less during the day and more at night, or use only at night, more if you feel drier and less if your skin is moderately dry (oily zones can be omitted entirely). Also safe to use under the eyes, on the lips, neck, and décolleté, and over breakouts.
In freezing winter weather, rub a little extra into cheeks and the nose in particular to prevent getting frostbitten or chapped or to heal chapped skin. Alternately, use a more generous amount as a nourishing anti-aging face mask and tissue off the remainder after two hours. Avoid using over the eyes as this thicker, slower-absorbing serum might drip into your eyes.