Catharsis Face Cleanser and Mask
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
This innovative powder is a cleanser and mask all in one, and offers a uniquely invigorating, cathartic experience. When reconstituted with warm water, the pale green powder creates a grass-colored, moist, cooling paste that cleans thoroughly and refreshes gently, plumping and rehydrating without stripping or drying the skin.
One of the main ingredients in this cleanser-mask are neem leaves, revered by Ayurveda for thousands of years and often called for to heal and beautify the skin. Neem is strongly antimicrobial, healing acne of all types (yet it isn't drying), and its cooling nature is of great help with inflammatory conditions (apparent as redness on the face), such as rosacea. Neem regenerates healthy skin cells and evokes a healthy skin coloring.
Our organically grown spirulina and chlorella algae clean the pores, detox, and nourish the skin with their wide range of phytonutrients, from amino acids, B vitamins, beta-carotene, to vitamin K. Green algae have a firming, cooling, and strengthening effect.
The powder is handcrafted from 100 percent natural, vegan ingredients, and contains no soap, surfactants, or preservatives.
Color and Texture: The dry powder is a pale green color, but turns a vibrant green once warm water is added.
Scent: Neem gives this cleanser a clean, invigorating scent.
Contraindications: Some individuals are allergic to neem. Discontinue use if you experience any signs of irritation.
Skin Type Recommendations: For all skin types.
- Skin Changing5By Andie LeBeau on Apr 15, 2016I've had about a month of trying this out, so here's what I have to say so far. I didn't see any reviews simply because this is a new product, I want to be able to give people the idea of what this product is like. You can use this as a cleanser or a mask. The ingredients in this are so beautifully formulated, each ingredient giving your face a kiss from the skin gods! After using this you can see your face is more bright, plump, and hydrated. I haven't had any instances in where this clogged my face, made it irritated, or caused pimples; in fact, it has done the opposite. In using this, I haven't had any pop up acne, except for the occasional pesky hormonal acne that you just can't get rid of! I specifically love using this in the shower, I feel it is most effective way to get reap all of the benefits. Ever since I have started using this, I have noticed myself more drawn to aloe and neem in particular. Ava is a pure skin alchemist who knows her way with skin. A definite must have!
- great multi-use product5By christie on Apr 08, 2016though i only got the smaller sample size of this product, i've gotten many uses out of it already, both as a scrub and as a mask. for both this is very mild, gently exfoliating skin. It is a very thin mask, not what you're used to traditionally; good to use gently mid-week or after a long day.
- My miracle!!!5By Jennifer De La Garza on Sep 04, 2016I can't put into words how much I love Catharsis. I have hormonal cystic acne and extremely sensitive skin. I am taking Spironolactone from my dermatologist because of the acne. I was still getting breakthrough breakouts occasionally. I began using the Catharsis, and immediately my skin began to change. The texture is smoother. I had one cyst and the Catharsis dried it up completely. I will not be without this product!!!!!! Thank you Ava!!!
- 1 of 2
- next ›
- Innovative powder format reconstitutes to form a paste for use as a cleanser or mask, with cooling, hydrating properties.
- Aloe, neem leaves, spirulina, and chlorella cleanse, refresh, and cool the skin, leaving it feeling plumped and rehydrated.
- The neem leaves offer antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, making this powder ideal for acne- and rosacea-prone skin types.
- Aloe barbadensis leaf powder*, neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf powder* (India), organic Spirulina platensis powder, Organic Chlorella vulgaris powder, orange (Citrus sinensis) peel powder*.
- *Certified organic.
Measure out ½ to 1 teaspoon of powder into a ceramic bowl and mix with a very small amount of warm water, adding the water drop by drop, to achieve a paste consistency. To use as a cleanser: massage into skin using circular motions, avoiding the eye area, then rinse off. To use as a mask: apply onto freshly-washed skin and leave on for 10 to 30 minutes, then rinse off. Store away from light exposure to protect the fragile botanicals within. Avoid inhaling the powder.