Aphrodite Facial Steam
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
Get this limited-edition product while you can—only available while supplies of the current year’s home-grown and hand-harvested linden flowers, horsetail, comfrey, and cornflowers last! This soothing, aromatic herbal steam is a must for optimal skin vibrancy and beauty, and the process of brewing and enjoying the steam is a soothing way to recharge and reconnect with nature. As the herbs and flowers rehydrate, recover their beautifully bold colors, and float to the surface, the warm, healing steam and floral aromas combine to create a calming, spiritually grounding ritual.
This fragrant infusion penetrates deep into pores to soothe, moisturize, and soften the skin. The carefully sourced herbs and flowers have been hand-selected for their nurturing, anti-inflammatory, and reparative properties. The blend includes linden flowers, horsetail, comfrey leaves, and cornflowers, all hand-harvested late in the growing season, after the plants had reproduced, flowered, and been pollinated. These are combined with organic calendula flowers from the Pacific Northwest, soothing chamomile, marshmallow root, and helichrysum, and puerh tea specially selected from the best tea houses in Hangzhou, China. All the ingredients are vegan, cruelty free, cold process, handcrafted, and fair trade.
Color and Texture: The mixture includes a beautiful blend of dried herbs and flowers, including vibrant blue cornflowers, sunny bright calendula, and richly green horsetail, which become even more boldly colored when reconstituted in hot water to form an infusion.
Scent: The calming scent combines the sweet, lightly floral fragrance of linden flowers, the soothing scent of chamomile, and the honey-pollen fragrance of calendula flowers.
- High Quality Facial Steam!5By Melissa on Dec 16, 2017Facial steams have become one of my favorite skincare rituals to do before a mask. It helps soften and repair the skin, prepping it for whatever you want to apply next. The Aphrodite Facial Steam is one of the highest quality steams I have ever encountered. When you are looking at the quality of flowers, you generally want to find whole flowers that are not crushed into tiny pieces. With this steam, that is what you get. The flowers have been harvested recently and haven't been sitting on the shelf for that past few years. Ava continues to create high quality formulations with fresh, effective ingredients. If you like facial steams this is one of the best ones out there!
- The soothing blend includes herbs and flowers that were lovingly tended and hand-harvested from Earthwise Beauty’s own gardens, or wildcrafted in the Pacific Northwest meadows, including comfrey to repair skin tissue, linden to smooth and condition, cornflowers to reduce inflammation and heal the skin, and mineral-rich water horsetail.
- Marshmallow root and chamomile moisturize, soothe, and soften skin, and chamomile also adds a calming fragrance to reduce anxiety.
- Whole, organic calendula flowers lend their sunny color, honey-pollen fragrance, and reparative, anti-aging, softening properties to the steam, while gutu kola and helichrysum reduce inflammation.
- Premium-quality puerh tea, specially selected from the best tea houses in Hangzhou, China, provides nurturing and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Calendula flowers (* or organic from our gardens), Italian everlasting flowers*, marshmallow root*, German chamomile flowers*, linden tree flowers and leaves (* or †), gutu kola*, water horsetail†, cornflower petals (*or †), comfrey leaves (* or organic from our gardens), puerh tea leaves.
Place a generous handful of the herbal blend (4 to 5 tablespoons) in a heatproof bowl (a dedicated stainless steel pot will allow the tea to remain hot longer than a ceramic bowl). Prepare a towel to cover your head during the steam session and wash your face, removing all makeup. Boil fresh, filtered water and pour 1 to 2 cups over the herbs to make a strong, fragrant infusion.
Lean over the bowl to caress your face with the pleasantly hot (not scorching) steam. Cover your head with a towel to allow as little of the heat to escape as possible. The hot steam will help open the skin pores and the herbs will penetrate deeper to aid purifying, healing, and moisturizing. Steam your face for 15 to 30 minutes (a longer session is much more beneficial; reheat the tea if needed halfway through the session).
Follow with a face mask of your choice or a deep-acting serum, such as Ferns and Moss Face Serum. Strain the herbs and reserve the infusion in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Warm it and use as a final hair rinse for all hair types, or add it to a bath for a foot soak.
Store away from direct light exposure to protect the fragile botanicals within.
Skin Type Recommendations: For all skin types, especially normal to dry, allergy-prone, sensitive, and mature.