Farizad's Veil SPF 30+ Powder
Straight from the source!
Each product you buy from Sassafras is authentic and freshly made.We deal directly with every brand listed in our store, so you get 100% goodness or your money back.
The best price guaranteed!
Found a better price on an authentic product? Let us know and we'll match it
This delightfully breathable, flexible sunscreen formula combines a light, non-pore-clogging, luxuriously soft feel, a sophisticated feminine scent, and safe, reliable sun protection. While most sunscreens feel heavy and oily on the skin, Farizad’s Veil’s powder format allows you to customize your sun protection by using your own favorite facial oil or serum as the base, providing effective protection without any undesirable added ingredients.
The effectiveness comes from minimally processed, non-nano, uncoated zinc oxide, which is the safest, healthiest, most reliable nontoxic sunscreen available today. It offers full-spectrum UV protection, is safe to use around the eyes, and is biodegradable and safe for coral reefs and other marine life. Because zinc oxide is a physical sun reflector, it works immediately upon application, and even makes the skin feel cooler in the hot sun. Zinc oxide also has anti-acne and anti-inflammatory properties, and because it gives a matte finish, you may be able to skip foundation when using Farizad's Veil. By varying the amount of powder you use, you can achieve sun protection ranging from SPF 20 to SPF 50.
The formula also includes pure powdered aloe leaves, which act like an all-day facial mask to moisturize, cool, and soothe the skin and prevent and correct skin damage. And Moroccan rose, Indian champaca flower, geranium leaves from Madagascar, and frankincense from Oman combine to provide a beautiful and refined scent.
The essential oils and absolutes used in Farizad’s Veil are all artisan-distilled, small-batch, therapeutic-grade, and organic or responsibly wildcrafted, and the powder is certified cruelty free, vegan, cold process, all natural, handcrafted, and fair trade.
Color and Texture: The soft white colored powder disperses in oils into a light, milky-looking SPF lotion. The color of the mixed lotion will vary depending on the color of the carrier oil.
Scent: Feminine yet assertive, the intoxicating floral scent combines Moroccan rose, rare pink Indian champaca flower, rose geranium, Madagascar geranium leaves, and a delicate frankincense from Oman. The fragrance will preserve best in the glass container, and will dissipate more quickly from the plastic sifter container. If you prefer an unscented sunscreen, leave the jar open for a few days, lightly covered with fabric or a paper towel to protect it from dust, to allow the scent to dissipate.
Skin Type Recommendations: For all skin types, including acne-prone, combination, sensitive, and mature.
- Excellent sun protection! Doubles as a foundation!5By AM on Oct 16, 2017I love applying Farizad's Veil on my skin every morning. I had to experiment with the right amount of the powder and also the right oil to go with it. I was using Ferns and Moss but it turned out to be a little thick to be effectively spread out on my skin. So as per Ava's recommendation, I got Tangerine Skies which I love by the way. And I also got Green Leaves too (heavenly scent). So I mix these two oils (4 drops each) with a tiny amount of Farizad and mix it really well. It needs to be a very thin paste. More oily and less paste-y. Then only it will spread on your skin evenly. In the beginning, I was not sure how much powder to use which would not show like a thin whitewash on my dark skin, which normally every sunscreen makes me look. But over the time, I experimented with the amount of powder and the drops of oils and now I have the perfect recipe down to get the healthy, glowing look every morning. The first time I went on a bike ride in a scorching sun wearing Farizad, I was a little skeptical about its effectiveness with regard to suntan which I absolutely like to avoid at any day. So I carried my heavy-duty sunscreen with me just in case I needed reapplying. But Farizad held up really well for over three hours on a very hot afternoon (think low 90s). I never carried another sunscreen ever again.. And it does not bother my acne-prone skin. A huge bonus! Thank you Ava for a wonderful product!
- Provides effective sun protection with a wonderfully light, breathable feel and a sophisticated natural scent.
- The active ingredient—minimally processed, non-nano, uncoated zinc oxide—is the healthiest, safest, most reliable sunscreen ingredient available, and offers natural full-spectrum UV protection.
- Mixing the powder formula into your favorite facial oil or oil-based serum allows you to customize your level of sun protection, without adding any undesirable, toxic, or pore-clogging ingredients to your daily facial-care routine.
- A little goes a very long way—if you use 1/16 teaspoon of the powder at a time, the 1-ounce glass jar contains enough for 96 applications.
- Active ingredient: non-nano uncoated zinc oxide 94% (Canada); others: aloe barbadensis leaf powder*, organic hexane-free Rosa centifolia absolute (Morocco), wildcrafted hexane-free pink champaca absolute (India), organic Pelargonium graveolens (geranium bourbon) oil, Pelargonium roseum (rose geranium) oil*, wildcrafted frankincense oil (Oman).
- *Certified organic.
Measure 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon of the powder into a ceramic mixing bowl and add 4 to 6 drops of your favorite daytime facial oil or oil-based serum, or an equivalent amount of face balm. Mix with your fingertips and apply onto the skin, rubbing in gently to minimize the whitening effect and to distribute evenly. A barely whitened skin will give an SPF of approximately 20 to 25, a skin whitened by one shade will give an SPF of 30 to 35, and slightly more whitened skin will give an SPF of up to 50. SPF numbers are based on our testing and experience, including testing side-by-side with well-regarded brands of mineral sunscreen products, from creams and sticks to dusting powders.
For a light-feel, “second-skin” type of sunscreen, mix Farizad’s Veil with a moisturizing, light facial oil or oil-based serum. This sunscreen will work well mixed with any of Earthwise Beauty’s facial oils and with Ferns and Moss Face Serum. It should work with other brands’ moisturizers if they contain oils, but not with gels or gel-creams. Test a few different addition options and quantities to determine what works best for you. You may even mix Farizad’s Veil with your liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer; since it is a physical-barrier sunscreen, it is equally effective whether applied in your moisturizer or your makeup. For a simple, noncomedogenic, and very pleasing result, try mixing with pure organic cold-press unrefined jojoba or argan oil.
Store away from direct light exposure and excessive heat to protect the fragile botanicals within. Avoid inhaling the powder.